Food Poisoning Cause 5,000 Unnecessary Deaths a Year in the USA
February 23, 2011 1 Comment
Food poisoning can occur when someone eats food or a beverage contaminated with harmful bacteria, parasites, viruses, or toxins. Many scientists now use the term “foodborne illness” to describe the effects of food contaminated with E. coli, botulism, and Salmonella, among other things.
E. Coli, Botulism, etc.
The most common types of food poisoning are caused by widely present bacteria such as Escherichia coli ( E. coli) and Staphylococcus. Other frequently seen types of food poisoning are Salmonella and botulism.
- Not cooking meat or dairy products long enough or well enough
- Leaving food unrefrigerated for too long
- Unsanitary food preparation techniques
- Home canning processes that don’t eliminate the risk of botulism
Symptoms of Food Poisoning
The types of food poisoning that are most common usually start within two to six hours of eating the contaminated food, but that time period can also be shorter, or much longer (days or a couple of weeks), depending on the organism responsible for the food poisoning. Food poisoning symptoms include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea (may be bloody)
- Abdominal cramps
- Fever, chills
Every year, about 75 million people around the world experience food poisoning, and the most severe cases cause some 7 million deaths. In the U.S., about 5,000 people die from food poisoning each year.
Although we can try to reduce the risk of food poisoning in our homes, we all have food products that come from sources we cannot control, both domestic and imported, and of course we don’t have any control over the selection and preparation of food that we choose to eat in restaurants and other social settings.
Many Products Are Vulnerable to Food Poisoning
Lately, many products have given rise to food poisoning cases in the U.S. An incomplete list of products that have been the basis of food poisoning outbreaks in the U.S. since 1985 includes:
- Spinach, green onions, bean sprouts, strawberries, and other produce
- Peanut butter
- Canned chili
- Beef, chicken, eggs, fish, cheese, and other animal products
- Apple juice
- Ice cream
- Pet food
The very young and the very old are especially vulnerable to food poisoning. People with medical conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, or a weakened immune system are also at higher risk. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should be especially careful to avoid contracting food poisoning. Travel outside the U.S. to locales with greater exposure to organisms that cause food poisoning also increases the risk.
New Approach to Food Poisoning
Very few Americans have not heard of the many recent deaths and sicknesses from these two deadly pathogens: eColi and Salmonella. You can protect yourself from them with nominal use of NutraSilver as a preventative nutritional supplement. Most food poisoning can be reversed quickly with NutraSilver.
Should you get food poisoning, immediately take 20 or so drops of NutraSilver and you should experience a dramatic reduction in symptoms within an hour or so.
International Travelers Should Take NutraSilver Along With Them
Food poisoning is a common, usually mild, but sometimes deadly illness. NutraSilver® neutralizes the harmful effects of food poisoning quickly and safely. Typical symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping, and diarrhea that come on suddenly (within 48 hours) of consuming a contaminated food or drink. Depending on the contaminant, fever and chills, bloody stools, dehydration, and nervous system damage may follow. These symptoms may affect one person or a group of people who ate the same thing (this would be called an outbreak).
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC) estimates that in the United States alone, food poisoning causes about 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and up to 5,000 deaths each year.One of the most common bacterial forms of infection, the salmonellae organisms, account for one billion dollars in medical costs and lost work time.
- Worldwide, diarrheal illnesses are among the leading causes of death. Travelers to developing countries often encounter food poisoning in the form of traveler’s diarrhea or “Montezuma’s revenge.” Additionally, there are new global threats to the world’s food supply through terrorist actions using food toxins as weapons.
We invite you to try NutraSilver. Since NutraSilver comes with a money-back guarantee, you have nothing to loose except your food poisoning symptoms.