Still Believe in Antibiotics? Ha, Better Read This….. “Death by Sepsis”
January 21, 2012 Leave a comment
By Keith Scott-Mumby, MD, MB ChB, PhD
Despite the widespread belief that antibiotics still work, even if not a good idea, almost a quarter of a million people a year die in the USA alone from widespread sepsis. The best modern antibiotics didn’t save them. That’s a LOT of people.
Worldwide, that figure rises to tens of millions of people a year, according to the Global Sepsis Alliance (GSA). That makes sepsis the likely leading cause of death today, according to Konrad Reinhart, M.D., Chairman of the GSA and director of the Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Jena, Germany.
The fact is, sepsis kills regardless of age, ethnicity, location and access to care. It strikes swiftly and strikes hard. Antibiotics are failing. No new ones are coming along or ever likely to.
“Developing new therapies for sepsis has been particularly challenging, with more than 25 unsuccessful drug trials,” says Jonathan S. Boomer, of the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis.
750,000 Americans each year contract sepsis and 225,000 die. That’s almost one third. [The study appears Dec. 21 in the Journal of the American Medical Association]
The problem is the intense inflammatory response that has become poetically christened the ‘cytokine storm.’ Patients with sepsis may present with fever, shock, altered mental status, and organ dysfunction. It’s all due to bacteria running riot in the patient’s body.
A new study has looked at lung and spleen tissue from 40 intensive care unit (ICU) patients, average age 72, who died with active severe sepsis and compared them to spleen and lung samples from a control group of 49 people, average age 53, who died without sepsis.
Findings from biochemical tests and cell and tissue analyses for patients who died of sepsis were consistent with immune suppression, due to the cytokine storm, compared to the patients who did not have sepsis when they died.
Just when you need your immune system the most, it goes down
Kaput. That’s bad…
The median (midpoint) number of days in the ICU for patients with sepsis was 8, and the median duration of the sepsis was 4 days.
Read that last paragraph again: the average survival time was only 4 days, once sepsis set in. Of course, for some, death was much quicker than that.
It accords well with what I keep saying, over and over: you CANNOT afford to wait till disaster strikes to get wised up on antibiotics alternatives.
You need to get my book covering antibiotic substitutes: How To Survive In A World Without Antibiotics. You need to get it NOW and put your nose in it, at least enough to get some working knowledge of what the alternative options are.
Learn More Here: http://www.mrsahotline.com/news/
And there are many. There is no need to fear infections, if you understand health properly. It’s ignorance you
need to fear. People die of ignorance every few seconds.
If only they knew what was possible, or the family did, victims wouldn’t go under due to medical myths and incompetence. They would survive.
For example, I can name THREE key vitamins that are virtually 100% effective against even the severest infections, when taken in high doses. Do you know what they are? Do you know what the doses should be to be effective?
Well, your family doctor or specialist won’t know; you owe it to yourself to get the facts. And it even costs less than the bottle of brandy or rum you probably bought for Christmas!
Learn More Here: http://www.mrsahotline.com/news/
There isn’t a single antibiotic therapy that can come close to 100% successful against infections. So the joke is, some of these alternatives are better than the drugs they replace!
The Era of Antibiotics; It’s over!
The truth is, the comfortable world as we have known it for the last 60 years is coming rapidly to an end. Bacteria are deadly and the short period of time where we were able to control them is vanishing fast. Even as you read this, a new strain could be emerging somewhere, just a handful of resistant germs; but because of their fantastic power of multiplication (doubling every 20 minutes or so), that new strain could be all over the Earth within months, or even weeks.
Super Bugs Are Winning and We are Dying
- You’ve heard of MRSA, everyone has heard of MRSA. But did you know it now kills more people than AIDS and is gaining ground fast? It doesn’t require unusual sexual practices to spread; with the latest strain you can literally inhale it at your local club or supermarket. Many people did so and died rapidly as a result.
- In 2009 a virulent new strain of MRSA emerged, that is FIVE TIMES more deadly and kills 50% of its victims.
- But it’s not just MRSA. Now we have VRE (vancomycin-resistant enterococcus), which is far more deadly than MRSA (100% fatal septicemia) .
- Also we now have PRSP (penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae). It is reported that out of 100,000 hospitalizations for pneumonia, 40% are now due to this organism!
- Have you heard of Vibrio vulnificus? It’s a deadly little bacterium, common on the beaches of the USA and elsewhere. If it gets in through the tiniest skin cut, it can kill you in hours.
- And don’t forget, resistant syphilis is back on the loose. Syphilis (Lues) was one of the most feared of all diseases for centuries and kept young men and women in terror of the act of sexual union. It cast its dark shadow over saints and sinners alike and many a creative genius was snuffed out by its chill wind (Christopher Columbus, King Henry VIII, George Washington, Frederick Delius, Hugo Wolf, Henri de Touslouse-Lautrec and Scott Joplin all died of it).
- Our old enemy TB is on the prowl too, with a new strain which is classed MDR (multiple-drug resistant).
- In Germany in the summer of 2011 A deadly new strain of E. Coli emerged, that is highly resistant to antibiotics and killed hundreds in Europe on it’s unstoppable rampage.
So, What is the Culprit? Antibiotic Overuse
You probably know that one of the reasons we have antibiotic resistant bacteria threatening our very lives is that these wonder drugs have been overused. Doctors are partly to blame. But did you know that the MAIN problem comes from farmers abusing antibiotics, administering them to livestock to keep them “healthy” while raising animals in cruel and unhygienic conditions?
This continuous feeding of antibiotics naturally creates resistant bacteria, which come to us in our food and so the problem is spread widely and uncontrolled. Yes, doctors don’t take enough care in what they prescribe. But agriculture and the farming “industry” is probably the biggest culprit and the one that threatens your children the most. 70% of all antibiotics in the USA, for example, are fed to healthy chickens, pigs and cattle.
To your best health,
Keith Scott-Mumby, MD, MB ChB, PhD
Mike, Medical Doctor
My 4 year old daughter has MRSA. As an MD, I had access to virtually every MRSA/Staph treatment available to Western Medicine. Nothing worked. We were preparing for surgery on her behind when I discovered NutraSilver®.”
I applied NutraSilver®, a natural mineral, on my daughter topically. She also took small amounts orally. Within 4 days I saw an impressive improvement. I am delighted to say that my daughter is now MRSA-free and we avoided surgery too! NutraSilver® really came through for us!
Guaranteed to Work
FDA-certified independent lab tests demonstrate that NutraSilver has zero toxicity to the human body, yet it is utterly lethal to the tested pathogens;
“Colloidal silver has proven to be toxic to all tested species of fungi, bacteria, protozoa, parasites and many viruses. More importantly—unlike conventional antibiotics—infectious agents, cannot build a resistance to silver.”
“Taken internally, it may improve digestion, help prevent colds, flu and all organism-caused diseases. It can be used as a douche, atomized, nebulized or inhaled. Applied externally, it has been shown to help with things such as skin abrasions and burns (including sun burn). It can also be dropped into the eyes and ears to help the body overcome infection.” Kurt Grange, Ph.D., N.D., is a nutritional bio-physiologist and author.“