Colloidal Silver Safety & Research

The EPA’s I.R.I.S. on Silver states:

“The critical effect in humans ingesting silver is argyria, a medically benign but permanent bluish-gray discoloration of the skin. Argyria results from the deposition of silver in the dermis and also from silver-induced production of melanin. Although silver has been shown to be uniformly deposited in exposed and unexposed areas, the increased pigmentation becomes more pronounced in areas exposed to sunlight due to photo-activated reduction of the metal. Although the deposition of silver is permanent, it is not associated with any adverse health effects. No pathological changes or inflammatory reactions have been shown to result from silver deposition.”

Important Nano-Silver Background You Need to Know

  • There is far too much MIS-information about Colloidal Silver
  • Silver is a NOBEL METAL LIKE GOLD
  • Humans, arguably have been using silver for over 4,000 years.
  • Try to find even one documented death from ingesting real colloidal silver. Good luck.

According to Larry C. Ford, M.D., at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA School of Medicine, 1988:

“There is no known disease-causing organism that can live in the presence of even minute traces of the chemical element of simple metallic silver,” 

“Colloidal silver appears to be safe for children and pregnant and nursing women. It is tasteless, odorless, contains no free radicals, is harmless to human enzymes and has no adverse reactions with medications.”

Kurt Grange, Ph.D., N.D., is a nutritional bio-physiologist and author:

“Colloidal silver has proven to be toxic to all tested species of fungi, bacteria, protozoa, parasites and many viruses. More importantly—unlike conventional antibiotics—infectious agents, cannot build a resistance to silver.”

“Taken internally, it may improve digestion, help prevent colds, flu and all organism-caused diseases. It can be used as a douche, atomized, nebulized or inhaled. Applied externally, it has been shown to help with things such as skin abrasions and burns (including sun burn). It can also be dropped into the eyes and ears to help the body overcome infection.

The Environmental Protection Agency Published Their Conclusions on Colloidal Silver:

“Argyria has been described in syphilitic patients in poor health who were therapeutically dosed with a total of about 1 g of silver in the form of silver arsphenamine together with other toxic metals. There have been no reports of argyria or other toxic effects resulting from the exposure of healthy persons to silver.”

“Although the deposition of silver is permanent, it is not associated with any adverse health effects. No pathological changes or inflammatory reactions have been shown to result from silver deposition. Silver compounds have been employed for medical uses for centuries. In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, silver amphetamine was used in the treatment of syphilis; more recently it has been used as an astringent in topical preparations. While argyria occurred more commonly before the development of antibiotics, it is now a rare occurrence.”

“Taking one ounce of colloidal silver daily, according to EPA guidelines, is well below the critical daily intake for the development of argyria.”

Nano-silver; the EPA Has Safely Regulated Nano-silver for Decades

(Nanowerk News) The Silver Nanotechnology Working Group SNWG), an industry effort intended to foster the collection of data on silver and nanotechnology in order to advance the science and public understanding of the beneficial uses of silver nanoparticles in a wide-range of consumer and industrial products, made a detailed presentation to the recent EPA Scientific Advisory Panel (SAP) meeting to discuss the topic “Evaluation of Hazard and Exposure Associated with Nanosilver and Other Nanometal Oxide Pesticide Products (Arlington VA, November 3-6, 2009). Key conclusions from the presented analysis include:

The SNWG provided the SAP meeting with a detailed historical and technical analysis that demonstrated that these materials have a long established commercial history as engineered particles of nanoscale size. Despite changes in terminology, the underlying material being described is in fact the same that has been used for decades. i.e. nanoscale silver.

EPA has a long history of safely regulating nano-silver

The EPA has been safely and successfully regulating nano-silver products for decades. These products have been used in a wide range of consumer applications such as swimming pool treatments and drinking water filters with an established record under FIFRA of regulated and safe use dating as far back as the 1950’s.

A detailed look at the depth of history of silver within the EPA shows that the toxicological studies that form the basis of the EPA’s general hazard limits for silver derive from historical data from nanoscale silver materials and not ‘conventional (bulk) silver’ as is often mistakenly assumed. A careful examination of the EPA public registration database (NPIRS Public) for silver over a period of 6 decades reveals:

The very first registered silver product was a colloidal nanosilver algaecide product that has been safely used by millions of consumers for over 50 years (registered since 1954).  Every EPA silver registration between 1970 and 1990 was either a colloidal nanosilver or nanosilver-composite product. The very first NON-nanosilver product registered by EPA was not registered until 1994. An overall analysis reveals that today over 50% of all EPA registered silver products are in fact based on nanoscale silver. Silver Washes Out Of The System Quickly

According to the EPA IRIS Report on silver (Integrated Risk Information Systems, 5th page, 1st paragraph) it states that a number of tests were completed to test the absorption and retention of ingested silver in a number of animals, including primates (we are primates). In its conclusion, the test work indicated that between 90-99% of ingested silver was excreted on the second day after ingestion, and greater than 99% was excreted in less than a week. So, in other words, almost all of the ingested silver was out of the body in only two days, and most of the rest was out of the body in a week. They found that silver does not build up in the system.

“Silver occurs naturally mainly in the form of its very insoluble and immobile oxides, sulfides, and some salts. It has occasionally been found in ground, surface, and drinking-water at concentrations above 5 µg/liter. Levels in drinking-water treated with silver for disinfection (see Protection and improvement of water quality) may be above 50 µg/liter. Recent estimates of daily intake are about 7 µg per person.”

“Only a small percentage of silver is absorbed. Retention rates in humans and laboratory animals range between 0 and 10%.”

“The only obvious sign of silver overload is argyria, a condition in which skin and hair are heavily discolored by silver in the tissues. An oral NOAEL for argyria in humans for a total lifetime intake of 10 grams of silver was estimated on the basis of human case reports and long-term animal experiments.”

How Long Does The Body Retain Ingested Silver?

According to the EPA IRIS (Integrated Risk Information Systems) Report on silver (5th page, 1st paragraph), several tests were conducted in order to determine the absorption and retention of ingested silver in a number of animals (including primates). These tests indicated that between 90-99% of ingested silver was excreted by the second day after ingestion and greater than 99% was excreted in less than a week. This clearly shows that silver does not build up in the system when consumed in small amounts.

Conclusions;

1. According to the EPA, who is charged with defining safe levels of any mineral in water used for ingestion or drinking, “the oral consumption of small amounts of silver in water on a daily basis poses no significant degree of risk.”

2. The U.S. Government’s Center for Disease Control confirmed in 1995 that there has never been any allergic, toxic or carcinogenic reaction to colloidal silver.

At 3600 PPM, NutraSilver is 180 times more powerful drop for drop than a common 20 ppm colloidal silver solution.

What does that mean to you? It means everything. Especially for peace of mind when fighting nasty infections and lowering your overall costs.

You might be thinking, “Wow, 3600 ppm is just too much.” If you were to take it straight, for some things it could be. But you don’t have to use it at that concentration. The secret is that you can dilute NutraSilver as much as you want without losing effectiveness for typical household uses, you can’t do that with a 10 or 20 ppm colloidal silver.

So what if you or your loved one is suffering… with a horrible viral infection, one that antibiotics can’t touch (antibiotics don’t work for viruses at all, NutraSilver does). If you try and treat the infection with a normal 10 ppm or 20 ppm colloidal silver solution, you’re almost guaranteed to reach a point of desperation as more time passes, the pain never subsides, and nothing deters the viral infection as it rages on.

Advertisements

About CareMan
I am the CareMan, have been for 7 years now. I really do care about YOU and getting YOU back to great, natural health, so long as you have an open mind.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: